Tuesday 15 March 2016

Indiana Jones 5 Confirmed

      Indiana Jones 5 has been officially announced today after years, and years, and years of speculation. Harrison Ford is returning to don the fedora and bullwhip, along with Steven Spielberg on board in some capacity. The official releases make no mention of George Lucas.
      I'm excited for this. Legitimately excited. Indiana Jones is one of my heroes. I grew up wanting to be him, going on crazy adventures and finding cool old relics. Hell, I still have dreams of becoming him, even now with knowing that archaeologists don't carry guns or whips. I even enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Why, you may ask, on God's green earth do I enjoy that film? Because it was still Indiana Jones. The tone wasn't any different from previous films, the sense of adventure and humour was still there, and Harrison Ford was still Indy. He still is. Plus, Indy and Marion got married at the end, which was something fans had been waiting for since Raiders! Was it my favourite film in the franchise? Of course not, that title is shared between Raiders and Crusade, shared because it switches back and forth depending on how I'm feeling on a particular day.
       There's no information on the new film other than it's happening and aiming for a 2019 release, until then there will be rampant speculation, wild theories, people bashing those involved, and a lot of very excited people.
       Even with all of the amazing movies coming out in the next few years, I already can't wait for 2019 and a chance to see my hero on the big screen again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment