Thursday 10 March 2016

Ain't afraid of no ghosts

     To be remarkably cliched, I am standing here upon a precipice. Or maybe on a fence. Or... I'm not actually sure where I was going with that, but sometimes I pretend to be deep and good stuff happens. Apparently not today.
      The new Captain America: Civil War trailer drops today, so every few minutes I refresh YouTube and hope for a miracle. So far no luck... So lets talk about another trailer that got me excited! Yes, I'm talking about that other big team up happening this year: the new Ghostbusters!
Yup, this one.
      Honestly, I am so excited for this movie. And I've used this gif more times than is appropriate. Probably. Just look at it. It's...,mesmerizing. The film is already getting a lot of flak from overly sensitive boys because the primary cast is all female. Except for Chris Hemsworth, who plays the adorable secretary! There was a comment on the trailer that literally said: "There's only one guy in the trailer". Congratulations, you can count! What bearing does this have? Other people began whining that women couldn't play these roles because the characters were masculine heroes! Um, what? What can't women play scientists in movies? They're scientists in real life (women, not these particular actors)! Never mind the cast is bloody amazing! 
       People have also been complaining about the CGI, saying it looks terrible and dated. Okay, sure, it looks dated if you're from the future! Thanks for outing yourself Rip Hunter/The Doctor/other time travelers! The CGI looks fantastic! Ghosts aren't real (controversial opinion ish?), and if they are there is no documented footage of what real ghosts look like! So, how are we supposed to know if the ghosts are realistic or not? Until I see some real ghosts complaining, I will maintain that the CGI looks fantastic! 
          The humour looks good, the action looks good, the props look incredible! and we're finally getting the secretary that we've always wanted: Chris Hemsworth in glasses. 
         Completely unrelated: The Civil War trailer came out as I was writing this, and that's totally not why this felt rushed at the end.   

No comments:

Post a Comment