Tuesday 17 November 2015

My Cat

     I'm going to start with saying that I am truly sorry for missing yesterday's blog post. I went my mom into the city for an appointment, and got back far too late for me to write a good post, and I didn't feel like copying and pasting another section of my memoir. That would've been cheating! Two days in a row!
     My mind is elsewhere right now. My fifteen year old cat isn't feeling too good right now, and with her advanced age, whenever she feels a little under the weather I worry in overdrive. Her health is dominating my thought process right now. She's very important to me. I've had her since I was ten, and she a few weeks old. She has been present for all of my major life events, and has been a constant source of comfort for me.
      I've always had cats in my life, but I've never had one in my life as long as Phantom.
      She came home on my school bus.
      Mom was my bus driver, and one of her favourite kids told her about all the kittens running around their farm. So we, being responsible kids needing to get home and do our homework, convinced Mom that we should stop and check out all the kittens. I didn't pick Phantom, she picked me. She climbed on the bus and decided to come home. And she's been with me ever since. She was the cat we brought down to the lake with us in the summer, the cat that most often slept in my bed. When I went to university, I had a picture of her on my desk (I also had pictures of my friends and family, calm down).
      Phantom is very important to me, and frankly I'm scared to lose her. I'm scared to face life without her. Just thinking about it makes me cry.
     I barely got any writing done today, my mind just couldn't stay focused. This small post has taken the better part of an hour, any serious thoughts of writing are inconceivable (that's the first time I've used that word. And yes, Inigo, I am using it properly).
     Anyways, hopefully I can get some serious writing done tomorrow. Hopefully Phantom is feeling 111% better.
   

     Oh! I have my first potential client for Zakitude Consulting! Got that email yesterday. That's exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment