Thursday 26 November 2015

Ace Day

      Today, November 26th, is Ace Day. And it is a beautiful, wondrous day! I have loved every minute of it! Seeing all of the tweets, all of the selfies on instagram, and all of the posts on tumblr and facebook! It's been fantastic! Days like this are so important! For so many reasons! Let's list those reasons:

  1. Asexuality is all but ignored by most forms of media
  2. Young people are wandering around not knowing about it thinking they're broken
  3. Asexual characters are treated as jokes who need to be fixed 
  4. Asexuality in general is a joke to the many people who thought homosexuality was funny
  5. Days like this allow aces to shine in all their magnificent glory
  6. It allows people to connect with like individuals all over the globe
  7. And mostly, because it gives people confidence to be themselves
People feel safe on days like this because they see countless others going out of their way to celebrate themselves! And it is absolutely beautiful.
       Days like this give people back their hope. Days like this give people strength to carry on. Days like this make people proud to be who they are. I love this community. I love the people in it. I love the things that the people in it have accomplished. And the thing I love most? How much everyone loves each other within it.
      I feel good whenever I talk to someone within the ace community. I feel a kinship and trust with everyone in it, even if I've never talked to them before. That's an incredible feeling. I've honestly never felt more apart of something than I do now. The feeling of inclusion I had within the church pales in comparison.
      I love who I am. I love what I am. And I never would've gotten to this point if it wasn't for this community.
      Gods above, I love you guys. Everyday. Not just today. You guys, each and every one of you, are my family. And I really do love you.
      Lets rock this thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment