Monday 9 November 2015

Taking a leap of faith

Ugh. So my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute--just sit right there!-- I'll tell you how I came to the idea of starting my own consulting firm.
To be specific, a social media consulting firm. For small businesses. In Saskatchewan. And hopefully the rest of Canada, eventually.
Why have I decided to pursue this? Simple, I like helping people. I like social media. And I like the idea of being my own boss. Plus, the start-up fees are not going to be insurmountable.
Today I'm going to expand upon my very basic plan of:
          1. start consulting firm
          2. post ads for free on kijiji
          3. make money
Very basic. Too basic for me to pitch to anyone.
But that's alright.
Because I'm going to fix that.
I've started my day by reading established social media consultants' thoughts and methods of getting started, and it's been very educational. This is going to be a long and hard process, but I'm ready for it. I don't want to take steps backwards in my life anymore. I am ready to move on and forward. I'm ready to create this better future for myself.
I've discussed it with a few of my friends, and they're on board with it, and willing to help me out with it.
I need a name.
I need clients.
I need to build successes with those clients to garner more clients.
I need a laptop with a battery that lasts more than ten minutes...

I can do this. I know that I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment