Monday 4 April 2016

The forgotten Jedi

       I know what most of you are expecting me to write about, but I can't do it today. Filming and editing today's vlog, with its mix of older footage and new, almost killed me last night. So I can't write about it today. Maybe tomorrow when I have internet and can write it at my apartment.
      Star Wars comes out on bluray tomorrow, so I'm gonna talk about Star Wars. I actually filmed a rant about this topic a couple weeks ago, but edited it out because, even for me, it was a little too nerdy. Specifically, I'm going to talk about Ahsoka Tano, the real first female Jedi main character. Sorry Rey, you were just the first human one.

      Ahsoka entered the scene, and our hearts, back in 2008 in the animated film Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where she was introduced as Anakin's padawan. Over the course of the film and the television series of the same name, Ahsoka became an incredible leader, hero of the Clone Wars, and a formidable warrior who could hold her own against the likes of General Grievous and Count Dooku. She left the Jedi order after being framed for a crime, which allowed her to survive through Order 66, and she went on to become one of the founding members of the Rebellion under the name Fulcrum.
     She is an integral part of Star Wars history, a huge part of Darth Vader's story, and an amazing role model for people. Yet as soon as The Force Awakens came out, she was pushed to the side to make way for Rey, who got painted as the first female Jedi main character. Don't get me wrong, I love Rey. She was my favourite part of the new film! I love the fact that she is on her way to becoming a Jedi. But the Star Wars fandom cannot forget Ahsoka! Ahsoka is a badass, duel wielding, female Jedi trained by Darth Vader.
      It honestly irritated me when she was seemingly forgotten, even though she's still on television as a main character on Star Wars: Rebels.
      I haven't forgotten you, Snips. You'll always be the one I think of first when it comes to female Jedi. You and Aayla Secura. But mainly you.










No comments:

Post a Comment