Wednesday 20 April 2016

Positive thoughts

      Got an interview today with SaskAbility for a Custom Employment Mentor position. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to have a job again where I'm actively helping people. Also the pay is significantly more than what I'm currently receiving. That's a nice little bonus.
      I've also enjoyed helping people. I believe that I excel in it. It's something that I've loved doing for a very long time--as long as I can remember actually. From when I was very small and telling people (complete strangers) that smoking was bad to my activism today. I enjoy my activism, and I know that it is helping people, but I'm really looking forward for this position because it will allow me to see the results of my help first hand and in real time. Being able to go to sleep knowing 100% that you actively helped someone is an amazing feeling.
     This morning, while brushing my teeth, I actually gave myself a pep talk in the mirror. I've never done that before, and I feel like it was one of the most cliched things I've ever done. But it felt good. Even though I was the one saying the encouraging words, hearing them aloud just felt good. Maybe that's some good advice for today: say nice and encouraging things to yourself out loud in the mirror. Do it at home though, not at work. Some co-workers might overhear and think you're crazy.
      Actually, on second thought, do it at work if you want. Who cares what your co-workers think? You deserve to hear nice things whenever you want! You go do it right now! Look at all this positivity! It's practically overflowing in a grandiose rainbow of joy.
       I don't actually know how I feel about that sentence, but I worked in the word "grandiose", so it's staying.
     If you're feeling down about something today, or every day, take a minute and find the closest mirror (or the front facing camera on your phone), look yourself in the eyes, and say something nice OUT LOUD about yourself. Say something encouraging, give yourself a compliment, something--anything!--positive! It won't make a huge change, it won't instantly turn things around, but it will give you a small amount of positivity. There are days where that's all we get, and some times that's all we need to make it through. Some days, one nice thing is all we need to keep living. Survival is worth looking a little crazy for.
      If you don't want to say something to yourself, if you don't feel like your worth it, allow me: you are all wonderful people, full to the brim with the potential to do amazing things! You are going to make it through this day, and the next one, and all the ones after that. You're going to get up, and you are going to conquer your world, one step at a time. I am so proud of you. You inspire me to better myself. You're gonna make it through this. You always have. No matter how bleak and dark it looks right now, you're gonna pull through. And that makes you amazing. I love you, and I will continue to until the day I depart this earthly realm. You are wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment