Monday 1 February 2016

Kinda everything

      I'm planning on writing some skits soon. Just some basic, easy to shoot stuff using one or two actors. I have a couple ideas already loosely based on real life thoughts and events, including one on the--wait. Nope, y'all have to wait and see. I'm not going to leak my own ideas online. Goodness. That said, I am super excited to start acting again. It has been far too long since I last acted in any professional or even amateur sense.
      I'm going to start banging out a script tonight hopefully, and start filming later this week! The vlogs won't be set aside for this project, the skits will be done in addition to the vlog.
      I'm pretty happy with the things I've been doing in regards to filming. I filmed my first multi-camera shoot Saturday morning, and I edited it last night. I think it looks pretty sharp. Admittedly, it was of pretty boring subject matter, but I didn't want to try anything too intense for my first time. And yes, that means that all of those tracking shots of me walking from different angles and locations were all filmed with one camera. And with me doing the same things over and over again. Just for the sake of a cool scene. I'm pretty much a real filmmaker guys.
       Actually, I am a real filmmaker, just not a professional one. Yet. I mean, it took thirteen years to become a professional writer. Granted, nine of those years I was in some form of school, and I didn't start actively trying to get published until a few months ago... BUT! I have thirteen years of practice before I started trying to get published. I only have six months practice with filming. I don't know where this paragraph is going. This is what happens when all your blog posts go up without editing or forethought! Yeah! Don't worry, I edit the professional stuff, the blog is just raw though.
       When I was a kid, I always wanted to be on television and in movies, and I still do. With filming and uploading to my channel on a regular basis, I am, in a way, accomplishing that dream in part. I don't have a huge audience in any way, but I am being watched by people all over the globe. It's amazing. I'm going to lie, that first time seeing myself on my friend's tv as he watched my vlog was pretty cool. I was literally seeing myself on somebody's television! In something had been edited! The feeling of accomplishment, however slight, is euphoric.
        I look and see where I am, right at this very moment, and I am amazed. I'm amazed with what I have accomplished in the six months since I've started vlogging. How much my filming techniques have improved, how much my editing has improved, and how much I've improved. I'm in a much better headspace now, and I'm much more confident now than I've been in a long time. I don't think I would've submitted any of my writing to anyone, if I hadn't started vlogging, and I definitely would not have taken my first few rejection letters as well as I did.
       This started off as me talking about skits... Maybe I should start planning these out. Naw. They're going to stay raw. I like em like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment