Tuesday 23 February 2016

Filming Future

      I sat down, prepared to write this blog, and then got distracted. No, not by something shiny. Not this time. I got a notification on my phone from Twitter that one of my favourite YouTubers, and one of the few that I've watched since the beginning, had tweeted me! And every thought I had in regards to this post disappeared. Those thoughts still haven't returned. Obviously. OH! You're probably wondering who the person was. Just a little YouTuber by the name of Olga Kay. She later liked one of my tweets as well, so.... we're pretty much married now. You know how it is.
      Honestly, it felt kinda cool that she actually replied. I've had celebrities like my tweets, and I have a ton of verified followers (who doesn't?), but this was cool. I'm trying to get into the YouTube game, and to have someone who has made it so far in that community recognize me? Feels good. Now if only she would do a collaboration with me... Or just subscribe and tell her subs to do that same. Either would work for me.
       Anyways. Lets do an update on the whole YouTube thing! I'm still making videos. I am still looking into editing software, but I want to make the best choice for what I need, so I'm doing lots and lots of research. Plus editing software isn't free. If you have never looked it ranges from $95-$700 in price. So. Lots of research.
       As for filming, I want to start looking into some different equipment. Tripods for different situations, possible lighting, maybe a mic for different situations, game capture for longer and better gaming clips, and, of course, more cameras. All of that stuff is obviously in the future, and will be all separate purchases that happen when the need arises. That list is to basically make myself aware of potential future purchases and things that I may need. And if there's ever a massive sale, I'll know what I may need, and what I won't need. For example, I won't need an iPad. Ever. Or a Mac. Those were terrible examples. I want to stick with point and shoots for now, so I won't need lenses if I ever see those on sale. That was a better example Zak, good on ya.
       The reason for different equipment is to open up new filming techniques, new styles, and even new locations! All the different equipment would allow me to correct more dynamic films and vlogs. A permanent camera person would be great too. Someone who could really nail the dramatic zooms onto my face.Maybe I should make my post for unpaid interns again...
       All of this, from the time and effort to the equipment and money, is a huge investment. It's one that I hope really turns out well. Besides my writing, this is probably the thing I have put the most effort into. If you read my blogs, and enjoy them, why not head over to my channel and give me a watch, and maybe a subscribe!
youtube.com/shran100 

No comments:

Post a Comment