Thursday 28 January 2016

About my dad

     Apparently people like my serious posts a lot better than my less so ones. I do have some serious stuff that I want to talk about, I just don't want to yet. I actually have dates in mind for a few specific posts! It's as surprising to me as it is to you, trust me! So for today's post I will discuss... Um. Where I want to go as a filmmaker? No... did that a couple posts ago.
     My dad is running for provincial office this election. The NDP approached him, and asked him to run in his home riding. Mom and I, plus a few others, convinced that he would actually be a good candidate, and eventually he agreed to run. I honestly believe he is a great choice. His priorities are in the right spot: he wants more spending done on the people of the province, and not on outsourcing our resources. The current administration has done some good for our province, I'll freely admit that, but lately they've been hurting the people by focusing on making money off our resources. Instead of spending money on the population, they have been spending money on out of country (not just out of province) contractors to take our resources. Jobs that could've been done by Saskatchewan companies, sure it may be less money at the start, but it would've been better for our economy in the long run.
       I'm off topic.
       I am so proud of my dad for doing this. He has his heart in the right place, and the people in his riding know that. They know him. He's been working as a school counsellor in the area for 10 years, and has been living there for almost twenty. He is always going out of his way to help people and this is just another way that he is doing so.
      I am so proud of him.
      I love ya Dad.

You can find his social media at:
twitter.com/danny_hiscock
facebook.com/dannyhiscocksaskndp

No comments:

Post a Comment