Thursday 31 December 2015

My New Years Resolutions

        New Years resolutions are usually a thing I avoid making, or at the most I just say that I'm going to try and be a better person. A friend recently told me that I should actually make some this year, and being the easily manipulated person that I am, I have decided to go for it.
       I was told that my resolutions should be actual goals to strive for both professionally and personally. Since I am making myself a public figure, I am posting my resolutions here, for all to see! All twenty of you that read my blog on a regular basis.

I'm just gonna list them, I was going to separate them by category, but too bad:

  1. put more effort and time into my ongoing creative pursuits
    1. that's YouTube, my blogs, and instagram
      1. writing is separate from this
        1. calm down
  2. put more time and effort into my personal writings
    1. that includes my poetry and personal writings (journal entries, rants, facebook status updates)
    2. make my tweets more clever
  3. put more effort into my online branding
    1. again, that would be my blogs, my YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
  4. find a place to live in Yorkton while working for the film festival
  5. set aside dedicated time for my writing for OutWords magazine
  6. work out more
  7. be more open with the people who matter
  8. care less about the people who don't
  9. be more outspoken on important issues
  10. drive less
  11. spend less
  12. save more
  13. focus on the positives, not the negatives
  14. be a better friend
  15. be a better person (ha! sneaked it in there)
  16. put more time and effort into the writing I'm planning on publishing
    1. memoir, novels, short stories
  17. create better content for YouTube
  18. try and actually do some of this!
There. I actually made some resolutions. Happy, Kiara?



Damn well better be, that was so out of character for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment