Tuesday 29 December 2015

Your Holiday Letter

     So Christmas is over. I had a good one, I hope all of you did as well. I hope that you all had a lovely time with the people that matter most to you, no matter how you had to spend that time. I know in this day and age, some of the people that matter most are far away and all your time together is digital, and that is okay.
     I spent Christmas at home with my parents and pets, but I also spent it with my friends through the messages we sent each other, and the pictures we shared.
    It was a good day. My parents have finally agreed to watch Star Wars, so over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we watched up Return of the Jedi.We had our traditional meal of toutiere (which is a French-Canadian dish), and ate foods that are apparently too decadent to exist outside of the holidays.
     Boxing Day was spent in the city with friends, including one who was home for Christmas from teaching abroad. We hung out, went shopping, and watched Mockingjay Part Two. It was a good day, plus I got some killer deals at EB games (which is basically gamestop to Americans).
     This blog is turning into a holiday letter... and by that I mean it's totally a holiday letter. You're welcome.
     2016 is coming up fast, way too fast if I'm completely honest, but I am glad 2015 is coming to a close. 2015 was a weird year.
     Hey! This is super important: if you haven't watched The Force Awakens yet, go do it as soon as you can! I've been to it twice already, and have it enjoyed it both times! Second time was probably a bit better actually, and it has become tied with my second favourite Star Wars film. My current rankings are:

  1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith (don't judge, those lightsaber battles are the best)
  3. New Hope
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. Phantom Menace (Liam Neeson saves it from being the worst)
  6. Attack of the Clones (George buddy, don't ever write romance again. You just can't)
I'm sort of working on a review for TFA, but I'm not planning on posting it anytime soon, just because of spoilers and stuff. But I would give it a solid 8/10. Maybe 8.5.

      I'm not sure how I want to end this...

No comments:

Post a Comment