Thursday 24 December 2015

Love and Acceptance

    It's Christmas Eve. The night before one of the biggest holidays in the Western World. It's a day that is supposed to be filled with love and peace. I really hope tomorrow is filled with all of that. I believe that it can be. I have hope that it will be. But I don't know.
    This year has been messed up. To put it very mildly. We've had mass shootings every single day around the globe. We've seen and experienced massive terror attacks both at home and abroad. Maybe it's foolish and juvenile to believe that tomorrow will be different. Maybe it's even insane, but no matter what is happening in the world, I still hold onto my faith in humanity. I need to.
     I know tomorrow is just a day, that there is nothing intrinsically special about it, it's what we do on it that makes it so special. Many people have fond memories of Christmas morning, of time spent with family in love and acceptance.
     Lets take that feeling of acceptance and spread to everyone. To the people we love, and to the people we don't like. Let us show everyone this acceptance tomorrow. And if we can do that, we can carry it on to the next day, and to the day after that. Our world is in turmoil right now. We have people who have been forced out of their homes coming to us for help, lets welcome them with open arms,
     That's what Christmas is about.
     Don't worry, my Christmas themed posts are almost done!
     Happy Christmas Eve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment