Thursday 4 August 2016

What connection does Justin Trudeau have to Preacher?! None. This is a mess.

                I really need to be working on my article, but instead I’m typing out a blog because I didn’t post at all while I was on holidays. Sorry, I guess.
                I came across an interesting article the other day over on the paragon of news, Buzzfeed, which told of a family’s chance encounter with the Prime Minister while they were out on a hike. Now, instead of the article focusing on how down to earth the Trudeau family is, or how polite and genuinely nice they are, the article focused on the fact that the Prime Minister was not wearing a shirt. Yes, he is an attractive man with great hair (thanks for pointing that out Steve), but he isn’t some sex symbol. He is the leader of this country. And instead of mentioning how he is finding time to be with his family all the while leading the country through this very turbulent time, the article just repeatedly mentioned how he wasn’t wearing a shirt and how lucky this family must have been to take pictures with him because he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Honestly, a too vocal minority in this country already belittles the Prime Minister and only sees him as a pretty boy! Articles like this just add to their fire. I get it, it was just supposed to be a fun little piece that humanized the Prime Minister, but he already is humanized. He proves that with his actions every day! We know he’s a PM for the people, because he shows us that. But thanks, Buzzfeed, for reminding us that in the end, he’s still only a sexy body to be looked at.
                Well, got that out of my system. Honestly, didn’t think it bothered me that much. Apparently it did. Sorry to anyone reading that who was confused, the rest of this post will be much less confusing! Maybe.
                I was at the lake for the majority of my holidays (all of it), and it was very relaxing. I had brought my laptop to work on some writing and to edit my next video, but I didn’t do either of those. I just relaxed. I read, played Pokémon, caught up on Killjoys and Dark Matter, binged the first 8 episodes of Preacher, and watched a lot of Food Network. It was great. For my readers who haven’t watched Killjoys or Dark Matter, you really should. They’re too amazingly well-made Canadian sci-fi shows both written by showrunners from the Stargate franchise (SG-1 and Atlantis (the good ones)), and only in their second seasons, so you can catch up! Season One of Dark Matter is on Netflix, and Season One of Killjoys is available on Crave. Look at me go, someone wanna sponsor me? Free lifetime memberships are fine!
                Preacher. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Preacher, and 8 episodes in, I still don’t know what to expect from the last two. The first season is serving as a prequel to the comics, with the finale supposedly ending right where the comics begin, and as an introduction to the major characters. Through the season, we watch as Jesse Custer, the titular Preacher, goes from a son fulfilling a promise to true believer and leader to a slightly power mad madman to? I don’t want to go too much into the show, but the acting is wonderful, the writing is great, and the cinematography is beautiful. You can tell that the creators and showrunners (which include Seth Rogen) really do love the source material, and are trying to do it justice.
                Talk about disjointed.

                Anyways. That’s a basic update on what I’ve been doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment