Wednesday 24 August 2016

Pure and utter dreck

                If you ever wonder where the Kleenex comes from, you’re probably wondering the wrong thing. That’s a saying that literally no one uses, and one that no one ever will. Which is for the best, it’s kind of ridiculous. You’re probably wondering where I’m going with this, and that is a proper thing to be wondering about! Good on you!
                Unfortunately for you, I’m not really going anywhere with this at all! However, if I were to run with that made up phrase, I would probably say something like: It means focus on the important stuff, Kleenex obviously comes from trees. Duh. Not saying that it grows on trees, only that paper comes from trees, and Kleenex is a form of paper. Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time for the main event!
                Kleenex is pretty cool right? Like, it’s gentle on the nose, which is super important for people who have to blow it all the time.
                Not the point.
                Is there a point?
                Remember in my last post where I said that I challenged myself to create some form of content every day? And remember how I said it was hard? Well, this is a prime example of that! This meandering post filled with meandering thoughts is a perfect representation of… well. Me, I guess? Or something else important.
                A lot of writers don’t/won’t showcase this stage of writing because it’s kinda garbage.  That said, all writers will do this. They’ll sit down and write random bits of dreck until something starts making sense. University students call this “writing a paper”, and will oft-times consider it to be a work of pure spirit. Writers, on the other hand, usually don’t want their readers to see this part. They want their readers to see something that’s been polished and “makes sense”. I on the other hand spend no time editing these blogs, and will often not notice mistakes until after they have been read by my regulars. To me, these blogs are intimate in a way that is honest. I let you see the mistakes; I let you see the unpolished writing, not out of laziness or apathy, but out of a desire to be honest. Even when the writing appears to be polished and clean, I assure you that I did not proofread or edit. I’m just good. Or lucky. Then again, we make our own luck, so I guess I am just good. Huh. Look at that.
                If any of this is making sense, I guess that’s good. Or whatever.
                Showing the unthought out with the thought out is important to me. It shows how different (or alike) the trains of thought can be. It also probably confuses the reader a little as to which pieces had been planned, and which had not. To be quiet honest, I feel like several of the unplanned pieces are far superior to the planned ones, but then again some of them are utter dreck (word of the article apparently).

                But I dunno. This one? This one should’ve had a plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment