Tuesday 5 July 2016

A three to eight step program!

                The problem with writing something new every day is that some days there is nothing new to write. The days where one gets buried under the monotony of daily existence and creativity seems to be somewhat stifled, and one can just not write or create! Unstifling the stifled is often the first thing that comes to mind, but how does one unstifle exactly?
                I’m glad you asked! I’m here today to tell you the three steps to becoming unstifled!
                What is this? Who are you?
                You seem confused, and a trifle overstifled! My quick and easy five step program can help with that!
                You literally just said it was a three step program. I can still see where you typed it!
                Now, now young lady, don’t get all in a bother!
                I’m not—doesn’t matter. Who are you?
                Well young master, let’s just say that I can fix your problems. I can make it so your creativity never gets stifled again. Would you like that?
                I guess so? I would get to be creative all the time. I could really focus on my art. Ok. What’s the five step program?
                Six step.
                It say’s five step like seven or eight lines ago!
                Now it’s an eight step program. Keep it up, lass.
                Okay, sorry. What are the eight steps?
                Step one: Acceptance
                Wait—acceptance? Isn’t that a little clichéd?
                Acceptance is always the first step.
                Okay, okay. What’s step two?
                Now’s when it gets tricky, fraulein. Step two: cry about it until an imaginary voice comes and talks to you.
                Kay. One: ouch. Two: you’re typing, I can’t hear you.
                Everything is a matter of perspective, no?
                …You may have a point.
                Damn straight I do, Milly. Step three: drop the sarcasm and the bitterness, and look for the problem.
                That one’s actually helpful.
                Step four: ignore the problem and find its roots.
                That one doesn’t make sense. Isn’t the problem already the root?
                Dandelions are a problem, the roots are the cause.
                That’s deep. Okay, I can try that. Thanks for the help.
                Where are you going?
                I got my answers, I’m leaving.
                Eight step program remember?
                You originally said it was only a three step program.
                I changed my mind. Well, our mind technically. I am just a spectre of your own creation after all! Now. Step five: Don’t pull the roots out, dig them out.
                Wait, I got this one. You dig them out so you don’t miss anything right?
                I’d smile in answer, but you’re not really describing anything, so yeah. That’s right. Step six: pile the roots in a nice pilelike shape.
                Um…
                Step seven: burn the roots so they can never come back.
                I don’t think this—
                Step eight: scoop up the ashes with your new 2 Horse Power Gladiator Shovel! Yours for only seventeen payments of $32.68!
                I’m done.

                But wait! Order now, and get it for only nine payments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment